MamaZen collects information about you when you purchase a subscription to our service or access other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”), and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The term Services includes, collectively, the content, services, technology and products available through the MamaZen App or our Website, as well as any software that MamaZen provides to you that allows you to access the Services..
Information Provided Directly By You
We collect information that you provide directly to us, such as when creating or modifying a personal account, requesting information, requesting Services, completing a MamaZen form, survey, questionnaire or application, contacting customer support, joining or enrolling for an event or otherwise communicating with us in any manner. This information may include, without limitation: name, date of birth, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, the number and ages of your children or any other personal information you choose to provide.
Information Collected Through Your Use of Our Services
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages that have been shown to you, referring web page address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with us. The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- When you register for an account with our Service;
- When you order a subscription to our Service or products from, or through our Service;
- When you access the Services, we may gather data on content you use, view or listen to, and similar types of usage information;
- When you provide responses to a survey or questionnaire;
- When you join or enroll in an event through our Services;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about our Service or products, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including events, contests or promotions; and,
- When you participate in forums, reviews or provide or post user generated content or other submissions.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example if you choose to link, create, or log in to your MamaZen account with a social media service, e.g. Facebook, Apple, Google, LinkedIn or Twitter, or if you engage with a separate application or website that uses our API, or whose API we use, we may receive information about you from that third party source. This includes, without limitation, profile information, gender, user name, age, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other identifiers.
Information Third Parties Provide
We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, analytics providers, business affiliates and partners and other users. This includes, without limitation, identity data, contact data, marketing and communications data, behavioral data, technical data and content data.
When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
When you use the Services we may collect your precise location data. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect information via the Website and App through the use of various technologies, including, but not limited to Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons (explained below). We may collect your IP address, browsing behavior and device IDs. This information is used by us in order to enable us to better understand how our Services are being used by visitors and allows us to administer and customize the Services to improve your overall experience.
Cookies, Log Files and Anonymous Identifiers
- While using our Services, we may send one or more Cookies – small data files – to your computer or mobile device to uniquely identify you and let us help you log in faster and enhance your user experience. “Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that are transferred to an individual’s storage device or other browsing equipment for record keeping purposes. A Cookie may convey to us anonymous information about how you use our Services so we can provide you with a more personalized experience, but does not collect personal information about you. Cookies allow us to remember important information that will make your use of a website or App more convenient. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie, and a randomly generated unique number or other value. Certain Cookies may be used on the Website regardless of whether you are logged in to your account or not.
- Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that remain in the Cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website.
- Persistent Cookies remain in the Cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific Cookie).
- When we use session Cookies to track the total number of visitors to our Website, this is done on an anonymous aggregate basis (as Cookies do not in themselves carry any personal data).
- We may also employ Cookies so that we remember your computer or device when it is used to return to the Website to help customize your MamaZen experience. We may associate personal information with a Cookie file in those instances.
- MamaZen may use third-party services such as Google Analytics to help understand use of the Services. These services typically collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including Cookies and your IP address. They receive this information and their use of it is governed by their respective privacy policies. You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager here https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For additional information on how Google uses data when you use Google partners’ sites or apps, go here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- When you use our Services, we may employ Web Beacons (also known as clear GIFs or tracking pixels) to anonymously track online usage patterns. No Personally Identifiable Information from your account is collected using these Web Beacons.
The Legal Basis and Reasons For Collection and Processing Your Personal Information
The legal basis upon which we rely for the collection and processing of your Personal Information are the following:
- It is necessary for entering into, or performing, the obligations of a contract between you and MamaZen, including, without limitation, our Terms of Service agreement which may be accessed by you here (https://mamazen.com/terms-of-service) and a subscription agreement to provide you with the MamaZen App Services;
- It is necessary when registering you as a user, managing your account and profile, and authenticating you when you log in;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our App and Website and business; analyzing the use of the App and Website and our Services; assuring the security of our App and Website and Services; maintaining back-ups of our databases; and communicating with you;
- To resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, comments and questions, to analyze crash information, to repair and improve the Services and provide other customer support;
- To send communications via email and within the Services, including, for example, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, product updates, security alerts, and account management related messages;
- To send promotional communications that you have consented to receive or have expressed a legitimate interest in receiving;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in the protection and assertion of our legal rights, and the legal rights of others, including you; and
- It is necessary for our compliance with certain legal provisions which may require us to process your personal data. By way of example, and without limitation, we may be required by law to disclose your personal data to law enforcement or a regulatory agency.
Our Services are intended for users who have attained the age of majority where they reside (18 years of age or older in most jurisdictions). Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information (PII) from persons under the age of 13 in the United States ("U.S."), or under the age of 16 in the European Union ("EU"), the "Protected Age". If you are under the Protected Age, please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the Protected Age, please contact us immediately. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a person under the Protected Age, we will delete such information from our records.
How We Use Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting, holding, using and disclosing your Information is for our legitimate business purposes and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
We will not rent, sell, lease or barter your information to anyone unless you grant us explicit permission for this information to be shared in that manner.
We will use this information in order to:
- To accomplish the specific purpose for which the information was provided;
- Operate and provide our Services;
- Improve our internal operations, systems, products, and Services;
- Provide users with customer support including, sending you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations;
- Offer you the opportunity to participate in research projects;
- Resolve problems and disputes, and engage in other legal and security matters;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized use or illegal activity;
- Enforce our Terms of Service and any terms and conditions of any agreements for our Services;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about services, products, promotions, news, and events of MamaZen; and
- Verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity including, without limitation, infringement of intellectual property rights of third parties.
How We Share or Disclose Information We Collect
- With third party Service Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other websites or apps that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- With MamaZen subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data verification, data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, court or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MamaZen, our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. We only use such data in the aggregate form and our analytical services do not record any personal information.
We may disclose your Information as follows:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example your attorney, etc,);
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
Protective Measures We Use
We protect your information using commercially reasonable technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. Although we take measures to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, or searches, or other information will always remain secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our information storage, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet including, without limitation, email and text transmissions. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
User Content and Public Sharing
- You will need to contact MamaZen in the event that you wish to have this personally identifiable information removed from our Service. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from the internet if the content or information has been reposted by another party. To request removal of content or information from our Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
Analytic Services Provided By Others
Links to Third-Party Websites
Promotional Information Opt Out
International Privacy Practices
In order to provide our products and services to you, we may send and store your personal information outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including countries that may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. If you reside or are located within the European Union ("EU") or European Economic Area ("EEA") and such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as you would have within the EU and EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By accessing and using the MamaZen Services, users who reside, or are located, in countries outside of the United States, agree and consent to the transfer to, and processing of, personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and assume the risk that the protection of such information may be different, and may be less protective, than those required under the laws of their residence or location.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a "do not track" feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting Cookies, as browsers with a "do not track" feature enabled may still accept Cookies. There currently is no accepted standard for how to respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal.
Your Access and Rights to Your Personal Information Under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights in relation to Personal Information we hold about you. You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Right of Correction or Completion of Your Personal Data. If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data corrected or completed. To make corrections to your account please contact us at the email address in our Contact section below.
- Right of Erasure or Deletion of Your Personal Data. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is deleted. If we cannot delete the information you want, we will let you know and explain why. To request information deletion please contact us at the email address in our Contact section below.
- Right to Object to or Restrict Processing of Your Personal Data. In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. Similarly, you have the right to object to use of your personal information if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which supersede your rights and interests. You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy. To object to or restrict processing please contact us at the email address in our Contact section below.
- Right to Data Portability or Transfer of Your Personal Data. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we maintain about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format. To receive a copy of the information we maintain about you please contact us at the email address in our Contact section below.
- Right to Withdrawal of Consent. If you have given your consent to us to process and share your Personal Information after we have requested it, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent please contact us at the email address in our Contact section below.
- Right to Complain. If you’re based in the EU, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State. Please see https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en for a directory of supervisory authorities.
Your California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California residents to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
- If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Information With Law Enforcement
- If MamaZen receives a request for user account information from a government agency investigating criminal activity, we will review the request to be certain that it satisfies all legal requirements before releasing information to the requesting agency.
- Furthermore, under 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4) (Voluntary Disclosure Of Customer Communications or Records), MamaZen may disclose user account information to law enforcement, without a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, in response to a valid emergency when we believe that doing so is necessary to prevent death or serious physical harm to someone. MamaZen will not release more information than it prudently believes is necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
Account Information Correction; Account Deactivation
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to cancel your account, please contact MamaZen with an email request to email@example.com.
Our Information Retention Policy
Unless you request that we delete certain information, we retain the information we collect for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Following termination or deactivation of your account, we will retain information for at least 1 year and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes. We will only retain your Personal Data for so long as we reasonably need to unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
If you have any questions or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us here:. When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.
4712 Admiralty Way, #747
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Last updated: June 2, 2020